The Career Passport Programme
Your steps towards professionalism.
Successfully combining career orientation and your studies
When is the best time to look at career orientation? During your studies! In order to start successfully on the job market after graduation, you should already lay the foundation during your studies. The Career Passports helps you with that!
The Career Passport Programme (CPP) supports international students in preparing for the German job market. As a participant, you will get to know your own profile, work on your career-relevant skills, prepare German style application documents, gain practical experience and build your first professional networks. At the end, you will receive a certificate that shows future employers your commitment to a successful career start in Germany.
How does it all work?
The Career Passport consists of six elements that cover the most important steps in preparing for the German labour market.
- Orientation: Fill in our orientation worksheet and visit us for an individual consultation.
- Language skills: Take two German language courses, or two courses for your degree taught in German.
- Transferable skills: Take one course from the Centre for Transferable Skills.
- Practical experience: Gain some practical experience, e.g. by doing an internship, taking on a study related side job, an active social engagement, or by writing your thesis with a company.
- Application skills: Visit us for an application documents check.
- Networking: Visit an event for active networking, e.g. kontaktpunkt career fair.
Once you have completed all six elements, you submit them to us via online form and receive your Career Passport.
Twice awarded as Best-Practice-Initiative
The Career Passport programme has already been awarded twice as a best practice initiative. The DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service - supported the project initiative between 2015-2017 within the Stibet II funding series "T.E.A.M. - Tutoring.Employability.AcademicCulture.Mentoring".
And the Stifterverband as well awarded the Career Passport programme 2018 with 50,000 euros as an innovative project within the MINTernational Innovative Competition.
In 2021 the Career Passport is being updated to integrate the enhanced services of the Career Service for Internationals.